2020 SUMMER WEIGHTS
Raven Athletic Performance
- Summer Weights will start Monday, June 1
- Girls weight training session: 9:00A – 10:15A
- We strongly encourage volleyball players to participate
“Exercise and application produce order in our affairs, health of body, cheerfulness of mind, and these make us precious to our friends.” – Thomas Jefferson
The purpose of this course is to enable students to acquire a more than basic knowledge of how to achieve and maintain a level of physical fitness for health and performance while demonstrating knowledge of fitness concepts, principles, and strategies. The content should include, but not be limited to the following: safety practices, rules, terminology, etiquette, weight training, group stretching, sprinting, change of direction activities and form running.
- The student will improve their muscle strength and endurance through weight training exercises.
- The student will gain knowledge of equipment and safety procedures with free weights and machine weights.
- The student will recognize the benefits of regular physical activity and see first-hand on themselves through class participation.
- The student will gain knowledge of developing a weight training program and training principles.
Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE SIGN UP VIA TOUCHBASE